Many people in the US population suffer from symptoms of eczema; 31.6 million with eczema, and at least 17.8 million with moderate to severe eczema or atopic dermatitis. Eczema/atopic dermatitis among children in the US is 10.7% and it is as high as 18.1% in individual states and 21% across various countries. One out of every three children with eczema/atopic dermatitis has moderate to severe disease.
Recent studies show the prevalence of eczema in adults as high as 10.2%. Three percent of US adults have moderate to severe eczema/atopic dermatitis requiring systemic therapy. So what can you do to address this rising skin care issue, Eczema?
Skin Care for Eczema:
Chart from Bath and Body Scrubs by Mikios Natural Body Scrub. Made in the USA.
Diet for Eczema:
Treat Eczema by eating a well balanced diet that includes the following items:
- Eating foods high in probiotics such as yogurt with active cultures
- Drinking Green Tea
- Drinking Black Tea
- Eating Omega-e Fatty Acids found in fish and fish oil
- Alkaline Rich Foods (Click for chart)
Keep Your Skin Clean
Practice adding natural solutions to bath water that are great for your skin.
- A cup of White Vinegar or
- 1/3 cup of Baking Soda or
- 1 cup of epsom salt (to a full bath) and soak for 30 minutes or
- Avoid soaps containing perfumes
Moisturize Skin Daily with Natural Oils
Use Oils that Penetrate Skin and Promote Skin healing through the use of Antibacterial ingredients, Antioxidants, minerals, moisturizing ingredients, anti inflammatory ingredients, and natural fungus protection:
- 100% Virgin Olive Oil
- 100% Natural Coconut Oil
- Natural Shea Butter
- Natural Lemon Grass Oil (Add to Olive Oil)
- Natural Lavender Oil (Add to Olive Oil)
- Natural Tea Tree Oil (Dilute with Olive Oil)
Exfoliate Skin with Top Rated Body Scrubs
Consider Entering “Natural Clinical Trials”
Consider entering in Clinical Trials related to “No Drug Study to Investigate Eczema.” Sorry, you will have to go to Canada for the trial Clinical Trial Here. (Must be 18 years of age). In the USA we have tons of clinical trials but “natural remedies” fail to be the topic of the study. I wrote this article and added this section in hopes that someone would start a Facebook page, Twitter Account, Google Account, Website in the USA that is dedicated promoting “Natural Clinical Trials.” Although I understand the economic impact of such a discussion, I added this section because I felt that it is very much needed in our country and there are clearly natural remedies that fail to be shared with USA citizens who may benefits from them.
So here is my call to Action: Bring Natural Clinical Trials to the USA and use social media to spread the message. This would certainly decrease the current price of medicine in the United States and make some care affordable for everyone in the country.
Overall, treat eczema through your diet and Skin care regimen. Consider what you are purchasing, what you are eating, and the associated health impact. Lastly, become educated consumers who want and encourage a HEALTHY AMERICA.
Author: T. Bohler, CEO of Mikios Natural Body Scrub
Connect with us on Facebook (Like our page)
Need a great bath and body scrub, check out Mikios Natural Body Scrubs. This is a top rated body scrub that leaves you with the SPA experience at an affordable price.
All About Top Rated Bath and Body Scrubs by Mikios Natural Body Scrubs:
- All of the body scrubs are chemical free and don’t contain perfume, synthetic dyes, fragrance, or parabens.
- Product ingredient include olive oil, coconut oil, epsom salt, essential oils, honey, and plant extracts.
- The body scrubs all smell wonderful.
- They are very affordable at under $20.00 ranging from $17.00-$19.00 a jar.
- Jars weight 1.2 pounds and are very large jars.
- The body scrubs are made from Epsom Salt not Sugar.
- Once you use the body scrubs you don’t need lotion. The company guarantees that no lotion is needed after use.
- To Use them, you simply wet body with water, rub on, rinse off, pat body dry (do not rub). Then the oils soap deeply into your skin.
- Benefits are felt on the skin all day during the day of use.
- You get free shipping on all purchases.
- The Company is owned by a woman who makes all of her body scrubs from scratch.
- The company, Mikios Natural Body Scrub, offers several different Scents:
- Coconut Body Scrub by
- Peppermint Body Scrub
- Lemon-licious Body Scrub
- Tea Tree Lime
- Ell–Body Scrub & Mosquito Repellent
- Tropical Yummy
- Purple Bliss
We use Epsom Salt in Our Body Scrubs because Epsom Salt is Great for All Skin Types.
Here are the many health benefits of using our Epsom Salt Body Scrubs.
- Removes dead skin cells that cause the skin to look dull and dry
- Flushes out toxins and heavy metals from the cells
- Eases Muscle Pain
- Cleanses skin pores by getting rid of dead flakes
- Improves nerve function
- Relieves stress
- Dehydrates bacteria on the skin leading to clearer skin
- Improves oxygen to the skin
- Improves absorption of skin nutrients
- Fights Acne
Health Benefits of Our Epsom Salt Based Body Scrubs:
- Epsom salt is an excellent exfoliant and cleanser. It helps remove dead skin cells and prevent them from clogging the pores of the skin.
- Both the magnesium and sulfate found in Epsom salt are useful for detoxifying the body.
- Magnesium, an alkalinizing agent, lowers the acidity of the blood. This is important because by restoring the acid-base balance of the body, magnesium saves the immune system the effort to counter the harmful effects of toxins.
- Epsom Salt promotes the removal of toxins from the body.
- Sulfate can help flush out heavy metals from the body.
- Epsom salt is Antimicrobial.
- Magnesium is anti-inflammatory and therefore is great for eczema which is typically caused by hypersensitivity reactions.
- The anti-inflammatory property of Epsom salt makes it useful in reducing edema-like swelling of gout.
- The same mechanisms by which Epsom salt can reduce edema and eczema swelling on the skin also make the salt potent against pathogens on the skin.