SkinnTastic, a New Kind of Face Cream
Introducing our new “Skinntastic” ( TM), a face cream that is antibacterial, antiparasitic, antifungal and full of antioxidants.
Additional health benefits:
- Super moisturizing to the skin
- Includes anti-aging ingredients
- Evens out skin tones
- Revitalizes Skin
- Kills acne and bacteria
- Includes a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals that boost the skin.
- 100% Natural, there are no chemicals in this revitalizing crea
- Offers Natural sun protection
- And it deeply penetrates the skin and offers hours of protection.
We expect that you will take comfort in using it in the day and the night.
Look for our new cream Oct 31, 2018 on our website for purchase at www.mikionaturalbodyscrub.com.
During your visit be sure to check out our new ” friends club” and earn a free item for every three friends you refer who buy our products.
Cheers to a healthy America!
Author T. Bohler and CEO of Mikios Natural Body Scrub believes in investing in your face. For it simply takes you places and fills tons of spaces. While many of us are running several races (i.e life) at various paces we need to be armored with a moisturizer that not only feels good but actually does good to the look, quality, feel, health and maintenance of our face. Cheers to a healthy America.
Cosmetics: Do You Really Get What You Pay For?
No, the saying “you get what you pay for” is not currently true in the cosmetic industry. Words like “natural,” “chemical free,” “organic” or products labeled by industry as “best products,” “best sellers,” or “best brands,” are not always true. U.S. Federal law allows companies to leave many chemicals off labels, including nanomaterials, ingredients considered trade secrets, and components of fragrance that contain harmful chemicals. As consumers, we are often led to believe that we are buying a very expensive product that will do wonders for us. However, we are often not knowledgeable about reading labels and linking ingredients to cancer causing agents. Although we may be purchasing a very high end product, we may also be contributing to the decline of our health by the ongoing exposure of chemicals on our skin that invade our bodies.
Be cautious when purchasing products and view the label (i.e. ingredients) in order to avoid the following toxic ingredients:
Perfumes and Fragrances
Just because it smells good doesn’t mean that it is good for your skin. Most fragrances are synthetic origin, many toxic or carcinogenic (causing or contributing to cancer). Fragrances affect the central nervous system and cause depression, hyperactivity, irritability, and other behavioral changes. The label of “Fragrances” can mean a multitude of synthetic and toxic chemicals. When looking for something that smells good, make sure it’s scented by essential oils.
This chemical is found to reduce sperm cell count in animals and is currently under review by the EPA.
This is well known as petroleum jelly and is a mineral oil used in various cosmetics. It has no nutrient value for the skin and can interfere with the body’s own natural moisturizing mechanism, leading to dryness and chapping. Companies produce petrolatum because it is super cheap.
Synthetic Coloring –FD&C Food Coloring
Color makes things look good but they may not be good for the skin. The colors are often synthetic colors made from coal tar, containing heavy metal salts that deposit toxins onto the skin, causing skin sensitivity and irritation. They will be labeled as FD&C or D&C, followed by a color and a number. Example: FD&C Red No. 6 / D&C Green No. 6. Many synthetic colors can be carcinogenic.
This is a carcinogen that is prohibited for us in cosmetics in the European Union. It is found in dandruff shampoos, hair dyes, and anti-itch creams.
This chemical makes shaving cream smooth, but research links it to neuro-toxicity and neuro-developmental disorders, as well as to asthma and allergies. It is also found in nail polish, perfume, and hair spray.
Hair straighteners with formaldehyde or formaldehyde-like chemicals
Hair straighteners can contain as much as 10 percent pure formaldehyde despite the cosmetic industry’s own scientific advisory board opposition to this cancer causing agent and warning about formaldehyde-based hair straighteners. Companies that include this in their products are listed here (click).
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) & Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)
This is found in things that foam. They are known to cause inflammation of the skin.
DEA (diethanolamine), MEA (monoethanolamine), & TEA (triethanolamine)
These hormone-disrupting chemicals are already restricted in Europe due to known carcinogenic effects. They were sited for causing cancer.
Causes cancer and is noted by the EPA as a pesticide.
Propylene Glycol (PG) & Butylene Glycol
These are petroleum plastics that easily go through the skin and may weaken protein and cellular structure.
Mineral Oil (i.e. Baby Oil)
This one ingredient is so common in everyday skin care products. It stops the body from being able to eliminate toxins, promoting acne and other disorders. It slows down skin function and cell development. Stop putting this on our babies and use more natural items such as organic virgin coconut oil or organic virgin olive oil.
Article Commerical–Wow, you are still here reading. This is awesome. Do you know that the average person has an attention span of 8.25 seconds. It is an honor to have you on this page. If our information is useful, please like our Facebook page (click). We need to know people like you who read. (smile). Ok, continue reading below.
Despite the health impact of these chemicals, the United States has more than 500 products sold that contain ingredients banned in cosmetics in Japan, Canada or the European Union. In addition, nearly 100 products contain ingredients considered unsafe by the International Fragrance Association. Also, 22% of all personal care products may be contaminated with the cancer-causing impurity 1,4-dioxane, including many children’s products. Over 60% of sunscreens contain the potential hormone disruptor oxybenzone that penetrates skin and contaminates the bodies of 97% of Americans. Lastly, 61% of tested lipstick brands contain residues of lead.
Unlike the United States, the European Union (EU), now comprised of 25 countries, has more protective and stringent laws for cosmetics. In fact, EU Cosmetics Directive (76/768/EEC) bans 1,328 chemicals from cosmetics; the U.S. FDA has banned or restricted only 11 of those 1,328 chemicals.
One state that has taken a lead in banning chemicals from products is California. In 2005, California became the first U.S. state to pass state legislation governing the safety and reporting of cosmetic ingredients. Read about the dangerous specific ingredients here (click). As a result, the California Safe Cosmetics Act requires manufacturers to disclose to the state any chemicals that cause cancer or birth defects. This database is open to the public. The state took action on a company called Brazillian Blowout during November 2010 when it filed suit for high formaldehyde content in its hair-straightening products.
As consumers, we should assist the US Federal Drug Administration (FDA), the agency charged with oversight of cosmetics, by encouraging Congress to pass more stringent requirements. As of today, FDA has no authority to require pre-market safety assessments (that are often done with drugs, medical devices, and biological items). Therefore, cosmetics are among the least-regulated products on the market. The fact is that 89 percent of all ingredients in cosmetics have NOT been evaluated for safety by any publicly accountable institution.
Take a stand and get involved in creating a safer cosmetic line of products for the good of our people and the planet. Support companies that promote a healthy America. Support upcoming bills like the previous Safe Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Act of 2013 (H.R. 1385), introduced on March 21, 2013 by the late Reps. Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill. and Ed Markey, D-Mass. It was designed to give the U.S. Food and Drug Administration authority to ensure that personal care products are free of harmful ingredients and that ingredients are fully disclosed. Although it failed to pass Congress, provisions of the Safe Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Act of 2013 included:
1) Phase-out of ingredients linked to cancer, birth defects and developmental harm;
2) Creation of a health-based safety standard that includes protections for children, the elderly, workers and other vulnerable populations;
4) Elimination of labeling loopholes by requiring full ingredient disclosure on product labels and company websites, including salon products and the constituent ingredients of fragrance;
5) Worker access to information about unsafe chemicals in personal care products;
6) Required data-sharing to avoid duplicative testing and encourage the development of alternatives to animal testing; and
7) Adequate funding to the FDA Office of Cosmetics and Colors so it has the resources it needs to provide effective oversight of the cosmetics industry.
Article Commerical–Wow, you are an awesome reader. We appreciate still having your attention. If our information is useful, please like our Facebook page (click). We need your likes. (smile). Ok, you are almost done this long article. I think that the author had tons to say.
Although the Safe Cosmetics Act did not pass Congress and become a law, companies such as Safe Cosmetics are diligently working to get like legislation before Congress. View their website for the latest updates on the Personal Care Products Safety Act, and continue to support companies promoting natural and chemical free products. Be sure to check the product ingredients for verifications and ask questions. Also, check for recalls of products that are found to be dangerous after distribution. With enough consumer complaints, they often land on the recall list. Lastly, realize that not all companies are buying into getting certified as Natural due to the pricing that goes along with the process and the information that must be shared about the natural product ingredients. Not all companies want to disclose “all” of their natural ingredients and not all companies trust those doing the certifications of brand secrets. Therefore, always always always look at the “ingredients” before purchasing a product.
Thank you for reading this article!
The author, Tamikio Bohler, graduate of Goucher College (BA-1990) and Georgia State University, (MPA-1993) has worked over 26 years at federal regulatory agencies such as the the US Centers for Disease Control and Cancer Prevention (CDC) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Such agencies provided her with knowledge about research, chemicals, health impact of chemicals, and the value of natural ingredients. Her use of her own products have also helped her to maintain great skin at almost 50 years of age. She is the creator and owner of Mikios Natural Body Scrub where she makes and sells her own line of epsom salt body scrubs that include Epsom Salt, Organic Olive Oil, organic essential oils, natural honey, and organically grown plant extracts. Ms. Bohler, a native of New Jersey believes that as American consumers our natural products should not cost so much. Therefore, her line of body scrubs (available to retailers starting January 2018) all come with free shipping, are large jars (1.2 pounds) at under $22.00 total, and only contain the best ingredients.
- FDA Prohibited and restricted chemicals (click)
- Study: Women of Color Exposed to More Toxic Chemicals in Personal Care Products (click)
- Consumers and Product Ingredients that Cause Cancer (click)
- Chemicals that should disappear from cosmetics (click)
- Facebook Page about Mikios Natural Body Scrub (Click) and brochure of health benefits (click)
- Website to order Top Rated Body Scrub (click)
- About Mikios Natural Body Scrub (click)
- Send a natural holiday gift with free shipping (click)
- Lawsuit over claiming natural at Whole foods (click)
- Products that are not natural but say natural (click)
- Attorney’s perspective of natural and the cosmetic industry (click)
Thank you…we appreciate your following, likes, and comments. Have a great day.
What is Exfoliation and Why do it?
Exfoliate with Mikios Natural Body Scrub
Skin Care Tips
Skin Care is important because your skin, (the largest organ in the body), is your body’s first and primary line of defense against germs, bacteria, viruses, disease, and environmental intruders. The way you care for your skin determines how your skin looks, when it wrinkles and at what rate it ages. Many say that it is gene related, however, even a person with great genes who does not care for the skin will see some aging results.
As we age, our skin changes. Moisturizing skin with nutrient rich natural ingredients is so very important in the aging process. As we age, skin becomes thinner, sensitive to product ingredients and materials, loses fat, and no longer looks as plump and smooth as it once did. Veins and bones can be seen more easily. Cuts, bruises, scratches, or bumps may take longer to heal. Years of sun tanning may lead to dry skin, damaged skin, wrinkles, age spots, and even cancer. But, there is hope because there are things that you can do to protect and preserve your skin. The earlier you start with these practices the better for your skin in the longterm.
Avoid things that age the skin!
- Excessive Sun
- Tanning beds
- Harsh Weather
- Inflammatory Foods
- Excessive Alcohol
- Bad Diet
Make Olive Oil Your Best Friend!
- Add it to your bath
- Add it to your body while in the shower (after soap))
- Mix it with water in a spray bottle and splash yourself while at the beach
- Add it to your skin right before a workout
- Put it on your body before you sleep
- Use it to remove makeup
Incorporate Healthy Lifestyle Habits!
- Eat Healthy (Add more Alkaline Foods to All Meals)
- Minimize Acidic Foods
- Exfoliate your skin weekly
- Add foods rich in Omega 3 to your diet
- Wear Suntan Lotion of SPF of 30 or higher
- Wear Protective Clothing
- Commit to Using Olive oil or Coconut oil or Shea Butter on Skin daily
- Minimize chemical exposure and absorption when possible
- Clean skin regularly
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize Skin
Keep Positive Energy Around You!
- Minimize negative friends
- Eliminate “unnecessary stress”
- Make choices that are good for you mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Deal with stress head-on… by exercising your worries away
- Surround yourself with Motivational type people who encourage your growth and development
- Smile at every chance that you get
- Eat to Live; Don’t Live to Eat
Skin is a very complicated organ but taking care of it does not have to be a complicated process. Early prevention, healthy lifestyle habits, nutrient rich diets, exercise, and tons of positive energy will help to keep your skin vibrant and healthy.
The author, T. Bohler, wrote this article to spread the news about the importance of skin care and the simple things that can be done to preserve the look, feel, and quality of your skin. The earlier you start in the process the better. She has been using olive oil on her skin since she was 20 years old (over 28 years ago). In addition, as the CEO of Mikios Natural Body Scrub, she ensures that all body scrubs are made with olive oil.
Darse una baño y el cuerpo friega en Mikios Natural Body Scrub
¿Necesita un gran baño y exfoliación corporal, echa un vistazo a Mikios natural del cuerpo friega. Se trata de un exfoliante corporal más valorados que te deja con la experiencia de spa a un precio asequible.
Todos los exfoliantes corporales son libres de químicos y no contienen perfumes, colorantes sintéticos, fragancias o parabenos.
ingrediente de productos incluyen el aceite de oliva, aceite de coco, sal de Epsom, aceites esenciales, miel y vegetales peelings corporales extracts.The todo el olor wonderful.They son muy asequibles en menos de $ 20,00 que van desde $ 17.00- $ 19.00 un frasco.
Tarros ponderar 1.2 libras y son muy grandes jarras.
La empresa garantiza que no se necesita la loción después de usar el product.To los use, cuerpo simplemente mojada con agua, frotar en, enjuagar, secar el cuerpo (no frote). A continuación, los aceites absorben profundamente en la piel.
La compañía, Mikios Natural Body Scrub, ofrece varios olores diferentes:
-aceites De coco Exfoliante Corporal
-Peppermint Exfoliante Corporal
-Lemon-Licious Exfoliante Corporal
-Tea Lime Tree Exfoliante Corporal
-Ell-Exfoliante corporal y repelente de mosquitos
-tropical Deliciosa exfoliación corporal
-Eucalyptus Exfoliante Corporal
-Lavender Exfoliante Corporal
-purple Dicha Exfoliante Corporal
-Jasmine Exfoliante Corporal
Para obtener información adicional, visite el sitio web de la compañía en http://www.shop.mikionaturalbodyscrub.com.
Bath and Body Scrubs Made For You
Bath and body scrubs that are healthy for your skin include healthy NATURAL ingredients such as Epsom salt, olive oil and tons of plant extracts. Avoid chemicals when possible because healthy skin includes NATURAL skincare products.
We Make Top Rated Salt Body Scrubs
Mikios Natural Body Scrubs can be purchased at http://www.Shop.mikionaturalbodyscrub.com
Help Your Skin To Heal by Itself by Fighting Pollution
Pollution that affects your skin includes two components: particle matter of various sizes, which is the visible black soot you wipe off your face, and gasses such as ozone, nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide, and carbon monoxide.
The ozone layer (that impacts skin) is highly reactive with everyday pollutants from things like air, chemical manufacturing plants, cars/buses/trains, water, and dust particles. These things react with the UV to create a carcinogenic factor that not only breaks down proteins but and destroys the lipids in our skin.
Air pollution in urban environments may more than double skin damage from the sun, especially in exposed areas like the face, neck, and hands.
Here is What Happens to Your Skin when Pollution Enters the Picture:
- Premature aging
- Dull skin
- Clogged pores
- Break Outs
- Skin irritation
Help Your Skin To Heal Itself by Taking the Following Actions:
Note: Click on highlighted areas below for further information about highlighted topics.
- Remove the toxins by cleansing with non-chemical products. Don’t use chemicals to take away chemicals. That makes no sense.
- Use Antioxidants–they are the key to fixing the effects of pollutants on the skin because they help to stop free radicals.
- Use Skin Products that are high in vitamin E.
- Drink Clean Water; it doesn’t make sense to drink polluted water and expect to have vibrant skin.
- Exfoliate Skin to Remove the dead skin.
- Use a Water Filter in Very polluted areas where Rivers include Known Pollutants.
- Use Sunscreen for the Skin
- Avoid Skin Cancer, the most commonly diagnosed cancer in the United States, and in most cases are preventable. Read how here .
- Eat and Drink Healthy. If you have questions about this ask your healthcare provider to review what you are currently eating and suggest alternatives to improve your diet. We pay health insurance to be “healthy.” Take advantage of the free health programs that come with so many health insurance providers.
- Exercise Daily-Exercise helps to heal the skin, reduce stress (that affects skin), and heal the body. Exercise increases blood flow and helps nourish skin cells and keep them vital. Blood flow also helps carry away waste products, including free radicals.
- Join Free Fitness Programs like “Silver Sneakers Fitness Program.” This program is generally provided by your health plan at no additional cost. The program is an insurance benefit included in more than 65 Medicare health plans. Through SilverSneakers, health plans and group retirement plans provide a gym membership at these locations (click here) to their insured, usually at no additional cost. Find out if you are eligible and get your membership card: (click here).
The author T. Bohler, owner of Mikios Natural Body Scrub, makes and sells chemical free salt body scrubs that exfoliate, detox, soften, and clean skin. She believes that the condition of the skin is influenced by skin products, diet, nutrition, exercise, and the environment.
Pregnant Women Should Avoid Mosquito Bites–Zika Virus is Now in the USA
Zika virus is spread to people through mosquito bites. Is this cause for alarm? Yes, this isn’t a regular mosquito virus. This one has alarming statistics that the public should be aware of:
- The Ministry of Health estimated (in Dec 2015) that 440,000–1,300,000 suspected cases of Zika virus disease had occurred in Brazil in 2015.
- There were more than 3,500 cases of microcephaly reported in the South American country, and 46 babies have died.
- As of January 20, 2016, locally-transmitted cases were reported to the Pan American Health Organization from Puerto Rico and 19 other countries or territories in the Americas.
- No official tally of U.S. cases is available. Weird huh. Visit the CDC page for updates here. Several state health agencies have confirmed cases in Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, New Jersey and Texas, New York according to The Washington Post. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a yellow travel alert late Friday advising pregnant women to postpone travel to Mexico, Puerto Rico and more than a dozen other countries in South America, Central America and the Caribbean where the mosquito-borne Zika virus is circulating. The agency warned all travelers to avoid mosquito bites.
- See CDC Guidance for Pregnant Woman at: (Link)
- In Colombia, which has the second highest Zika infection rate after Brazil, the government is advising women to delay becoming pregnant for six to eight months to avoid the risk.
- Health officials in Brazil believe this virus is causing babies to be born with abnormally small heads. Note: All of the U.S. cases thus far have involved people who traveled to Latin America.
While there is no known vaccine to prevent Zika virus infection, there are things that you can do:
- Avoid mosquito bites by using air conditioning or window and door screens when indoors.
- Wear long sleeves and pants, using permethrin-treated clothing and gear, and using insect repellents when outdoors. Most Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)–registered repellents, including N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET), can be used on children aged >2 months.
- Try Natural Insect Repellents when possible.
- Until more is known, and out of an abundance of caution, pregnant women should consider postponing travel to any area where Zika virus transmission is ongoing.
The author, T. Bohler, runs an online company that makes and sells 100% natural salt body scrubs that exfoliate, soften, and moisturize skin without chemicals. Flavors include Eucalyptus, Lemonlicious, Coconut, Tea Tree Lime, Peppermint, Lavender, Jasmine, Purple Bliss, and the company signature flavor, Tropical Yummy.
STOP POLLUTING YOUR SKIN !
Did you know that our skin is one of the most effective delivery systems for chemicals through to the blood? This is why the medical profession uses topical application of drugs, and patches on the skin. Our Skin absorbs everything. This is also why it is so important that you stop polluting your skin with “so called” skin products that include cancer causing ingredients and are bad for your health. As consumers we have to stop purchasing products that look great and come in beautiful packages, containers and bottles. Lets begin to focus on what is on the “inside” of the package and how it benefits our bodies. Think of it as a lifetime investment in you. Would you purchase a product that included the following information on the outside of the bottle?–Please note that the following ingredients have been linked to aging, cancer, and skin irritations. However, don’t worry our packaging is beautiful enough that our ingredients can be ignored. For $32.00 we can offer you a skin care treatment that provides immediate results, however, longterm results will include massive aging, skin irritation, breakouts, cancers, headaches, and possible sickness. Please buy me!– No, most people would not purchase such a product. It would be common sense to not purchase anything that stated it would cause us harm. Unfortunately most USA products don’t tell us this information, we have to figure it out for ourselves. Furthermore, as consumers concerned about our health we have to translate information on packages by being able to:
- See beyond the packaging and advertisements
- Identity damaging ingredients
- Understand how the ingredient can impact our health and our skin
- Reach out and purchase skin products that offer healthier alternatives, natural ingredients, and longterm benefits.
For information about which ingredients to avoid read the author’s article called Select Chemical Free Products for Your Skin.