Month: May 2018
May: Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Consider Drinking Less, Exercising More, Eating Alkaline Foods, and Living Longer!
Breast Cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast. In the United States the following facts occur:
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 252,710 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,500 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 460 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
Here are the World Wide Statistics:
The countries with the top 20 highest incidence of breast cancer are given in the table below.
- Belgium had the highest rate of breast cancer, followed by Denmark and the Netherlands.
- Slightly more cases of breast cancer were diagnosed in less developed countries (53%).
- The highest incidence of breast cancer was in Northern America and Oceania; and the lowest incidence in Asia and Africa.
Alcohol and breast cancer:
Just one alcoholic drink a day increases breast cancer risk. Read more about this risk via the report:
- Report from the World Cancer Research Fund International: (click)
So what does the naturopathic doctor say? What do published clinical trials show? Well, check out Dr. Glidden’s video on Breast Cancer, (click). You may find it quite interesting. Know the facts and make decisions from both a allopathic and holistic point of view. Lastly, review the questions that you may want to ask your health practitioner.
What are the recommendations for preventing breast cancer?
Know about a most recent (2017) most rigorous, systematic, global analysis of the scientific research currently available on diet, weight, physical activity and breast cancer, and which of these factors increase or decrease the risk of developing the disease. The report reviewed evidence from 119 studies from around the world. The studies examined more than 12 million women and over 260,000 cases of breast cancer.Overall recommendations include the following:
- Be a healthy weight
- Be physically active
- Eat wholegrains, veg, fruit, beans
- Limit ‘fast foods’
- Limit red & processed meat
- Limit sugary drinks
- Limit alcohol
- Don’t rely on supplements
- Breastfeed your baby
Click here for the complete report and recommendations.
-Women’s Cures self of breast cancer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U90kJG-f4A4
-Cure Cancer via the Science of Food: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M15n3GIw8o
-Every Cancer Can be Cured: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgbdNNfotwM
-The Power of Plant Based Diet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZWzNfOpbCQ
-Best Diet for Humans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z03xkwFbw4
-CDC and Breast Cancer Awareness: https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/resources/features/breastcancerawareness/index.htm
-Globally, Herbs Used to Treat Cancer: #4 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4881189/#s0075title
-Top 21 Medical lies: http://biosilblog.com/2013/06/02/23632/
The author, T Bohler is the CEO of Mikios Natural Body Scrub, a company that makes natural bath and body scrubs (without the chemicals) that exfoliate, moisturize, soften, and clean skin. Her company not only makes body scrubs but supports health awareness months and believes that awareness and knowledge is Power! Blog of Mikios Natural Body Scrub (click here for more interesting articles).
Thank you for reading this article. if you liked this article, leave us a tip by liking our facebook page here , click (here to like our page). We love tips. Cheers to a healthy America!