Skin Care is important because your skin, (the largest organ in the body), is your body’s first and primary line of defense against germs, bacteria, viruses, disease, and environmental intruders. The way you care for your skin determines how your skin looks, when it wrinkles and at what rate it ages. Many say that it is gene related, however, even a person with great genes who does not care for the skin will see some negative results.
As we age, our skin changes. Moisturizing skin with nutrient rich natural ingredients is so very important in the aging process. As we age, skin becomes thinner, sensitive to product ingredients and materials, loses fat, and no longer looks as plump and smooth as it once did. Veins and bones can be seen more easily. Cuts, bruises, scratches, or bumps may take longer to heal. Years of sun tanning may lead to dry skin, damaged skin, wrinkles, age spots, and even cancer. But, there is hope because there are things that you can do to protect and preserve your skin. The earlier you start with these practices the better for your skin in the longterm.
Avoid things that age the skin!
- Excessive Sun
- Tanning beds
- Harsh Weather
- Inflammatory Foods
- Excessive Alcohol
- Bad Diet
Make Olive Oil Your Best Friend!
- Add it to your bath
- Add it to your body while in the shower (after soap))
- Mix it with water in a spray bottle and splash yourself while at the beach
- Add it to your skin right before a workout
- Put it on your body before you sleep
- Use it to remove makeup
Incorporate Healthy Lifestyle Habits!
- Eat Healthy (Add more Alkaline Foods to All Meals)
- Minimize Acidic Foods
- Exfoliate your skin weekly
- Add foods rich in Omega 3 to your diet
- Wear Suntan Lotion of SPF of 30 or higher
- Wear Protective Clothing
- Commit to Using Olive oil or Coconut oil or Shea Butter on Skin daily
- Minimize chemical exposure and absorption when possible
- Clean skin regularly
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize Skin
Keep Positive Energy Around You!
- Minimize negative friends
- Eliminate “unnecessary stress”
- Make choices that are good for you mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Deal with stress head-on… by exercising your worries away
- Surround yourself with Motivational type people who encourage your growth and development
- Smile at every chance that you get
- Eat to Live; Don’t Live to Eat
Skin is a very complicated organ but taking care of it does not have to be a complicated process. Early prevention, healthy lifestyle habits, nutrient rich diets, exercise, and tons of positive energy will help to keep your skin vibrant and healthy.
The author, T. Bohler, wrote this article to spread the news about the importance of skin care and the simple things that can be done to preserve the look, feel, and quality of your skin. The earlier you start in the process the better. She has been using olive oil on her skin since she was 20 years old (over 28 years ago). In addition, as the CEO of Mikios Natural Body Scrub, she ensures that all body scrubs are made with olive oil.
Did you know that our skin is one of the most effective delivery systems for chemicals through to the blood? This is why the medical profession uses topical application of drugs, and patches on the skin. Our Skin absorbs everything. This is also why it is so important that you stop polluting your skin with “so called” skin products that include cancer causing ingredients and are bad for your health. As consumers we have to stop purchasing products that look great and come in beautiful packages, containers and bottles. Lets begin to focus on what is on the “inside” of the package and how it benefits our bodies. Think of it as a lifetime investment in you. Would you purchase a product that included the following information on the outside of the bottle?–Please note that the following ingredients have been linked to aging, cancer, and skin irritations. However, don’t worry our packaging is beautiful enough that our ingredients can be ignored. For $32.00 we can offer you a skin care treatment that provides immediate results, however, longterm results will include massive aging, skin irritation, breakouts, cancers, headaches, and possible sickness. Please buy me!– No, most people would not purchase such a product. It would be common sense to not purchase anything that stated it would cause us harm. Unfortunately most USA products don’t tell us this information, we have to figure it out for ourselves. Furthermore, as consumers concerned about our health we have to translate information on packages by being able to:
- See beyond the packaging and advertisements
- Identity damaging ingredients
- Understand how the ingredient can impact our health and our skin
- Reach out and purchase skin products that offer healthier alternatives, natural ingredients, and longterm benefits.
For information about which ingredients to avoid read the author’s article called Select Chemical Free Products for Your Skin.
Order your skin delicious body scrubs at www.shop.mikionaturalbodyscrub.com
Articles from Mikios Natural Body Scrub®, T. Bohler CEO:
- Do You Get What You Pay For–Article about Chemicals in our Skin Care Products
- Moisturize and Exfoliate Your Most Important Organ, Your Skin–Article about Taking Care of Your Skin
- Men Too Reclaim and Renew a New Youthful You http://www.articlesbase.com/skin-care-articles/men-too-reclaim-and-renew-a-youthful-you-6305454.html
Information about the CEO of the Company:
- CEO Information: http://www.shop.mikionaturalbodyscrub.com/aboutus.sc