health and beauty
Currently there are four seasonal influenza type viruses and two are widespread in the United States. The majority of the cases are type A followed by type B cases. See below:
- Influenza A viruses -currently circulating in humans are subtype A(H1N1) and A(H3N2) influenza viruses. The A(H1N1) is also written as A(H1N1)pdm09 as it caused the pandemic in 2009 and subsequently replaced the seasonal influenza A(H1N1) virus which had circulated prior to 2009. Only influenza type A viruses are known to have caused pandemics.
- Influenza B viruses-currently circulating influenza type B viruses belong to either B/Yamagata or B/Victoria lineage.
- Influenza C virus-detected less frequently and usually causes mild infections, thus does not present public health importance.
- Influenza D viruses-primarily affect cattle and are not known to infect or cause illness in people.
Seasonal influenza (or “flu”) is most often caused by type A or B influenza viruses. You may experience symptoms of sudden onset of fever, cough, weakness in body, headache, muscle and joint pain, sore throat and a runny nose. Most people recover from fever and other symptoms within a week without requiring medical attention. However, influenza can cause severe illness or death in high-risk groups.
According to the CDC, high risk groups are children younger than 5, adults 65 and older, pregnant women, residents of nursing home, American Indians and Alaska Natives, and those with medical conditions (such as asthma, neurological conditions, kidney disorder, blood disorder, liver disorders, heart disease, obesity, weakend immune system , and lung disorders).
I would like to personally add that additional high risk groups should include those whose diets are highly acidic. Disease and viruses thrive in acid bodies. According to the late Dr. Otto Warburg, “An alkaline body can absorb up to 20 times more oxygen than an acidic body.” He found that diseased bodies are acidic bodies, which repel oxygen and attract the overgrowth of disease-causing micro-organisms. So what does this mean to the flu epidemic? Our body’s acid-alkaline balance is a key component to fighting off the flu and building a strong immune system. Raising pH (to an alkaline state) increases the immune system’s ability to kill bacteria, (according to a study conducted at The Royal Free Hospital and School of Medicine in London). Keeping our pH in the slightly alkaline range of 6.8-7.2 can reduce the risk and lessen the severity of colds, sore throats and bouts of influenza.The typical Western diet is an acid-forming diet full of preservatives and sugars and low in the valuable alkaline minerals. By simply consuming a diet high in alkaline-forming foods such as dark leafy greens (see ALKALINE food chart pdf ), and adding extra alkaline minerals and superfoods, you can change your body’s pH balance fairly quickly.
So here is how to put the body in an alkaline state and ward off the flu symptoms rather quickly: Note: This approach personally worked for me. Although I still had the flu, the symptoms of feeling extremely tired, having chills, and fevers quickly stopped.
- Eat an (click chart) Alkaline Rich diet or (click video) Alkaline rich diet all day and night when the flu hits you; say no to ALL ACID FORMING FOODS. My personal choice includes Kale shakes, baking soda and water first thing in the morning, spirulina, moringa and tumeric. For me, this helped me beat the flu symptoms (fever, tired sluggish feeling, muscle aches, chills, and loss of voice) in 2 days.
- Drink plenty of pure distilled water; no chlorine water!
- Drink lemon and pure distilled water throughout the day. Also, you can mix apple cider vinegar and lemon (to expel mucus quickly).
- Add organic Eucalyptus oil to a vaporizer and inhale it. This allows oxygen to enter the lungs and clear out mucus.
- Chew on some fresh ginger (not ginger candy but pure ginger). If you need to sweeten it, dip it in some honey or agave.
- Measure your body’s PH levels using a small piece of specially-designed pH paper (available here). Just place under your tongue for 5 seconds and take out. Your goal is to be in the green (alkaline state 7.0 and above). If you conduct the test and get acidic results (less then than 7.0) drink some baking soda and water (mix 1 tsp baking soda in a full cup of water and drink half a cup) and then test yourself again in 3 minutes. You can also drink a kale shake (fresh kale, almond/coconut milk, pineapple), and retest yourself. You will be amazed at the results.
- Stay away from Acid Forming Foods and drinks.
- Stay away from mucus and mucus forming foods
- Eat tons of alkaline / green organic soups. I personally like Pacific Organic Soups . Check out their Cashew, Carrot and Ginger and the Green Soup. Delicious. Add a tsp of organic virgin unrefined Coconut oil (after heating up the soup). Let the coconut oil naturally melt in the soup (after you heat up the soup). Otherwise, don’t cook the coconut oil.
- Say no to all preservatives, fried foods, and gluten.
- Increase Vitamin D (i.e. sunshine and cod liver oil) and C (i.e. lemons) and A in your diet.
- Incorporate herbs in your daily diet such as turmeric, moringa, spirulina, wheat grass, etc. Add them in a blender with Almond or Coconut milk and a fruit of choice for taste.
An additional item I incorporated into my healing from the flu is discussed here (click). I believe in fighting the flu like a War, you give it your all upfront. You treat it like your enemy has come to steal your “life.” Therefore, you don’t assume it is going to be an easy fight so you attempt to knock it out with full force. To recover from the fight on a daily basis, take mentholated baths and only use Healthy products .
This article would not be complete without addressing flu shots. According to CDC, they recommend a flu shot. See click. Do your research and determine if this is best for you. Know what is in the flu vaccine (click here). Get a full perspective of flu shots by viewing the conventional and holistic viewpoints. See Dr. Glidden talk on flu shots (click) and other talks about flu shots (click). Again, determine what is best for you.
In conclusion, utilize the healthcare setting to review, address and help to relieve your symptoms. But don’t forget to be responsible for the stuff that you put into body that can make a huge difference in preventing and fighting off infections. You are what you eat. Take an active role in delivering the proper nutrients to the body that God blessed you with by eating the proper nutrients for building and sustaining a healthy immune system. Go Alkaline!
Additional Resources via Topic:
- Alkaline diet: https://draxe.com/alkaline-diet/
- Alkaline Chart: http://holistic-pharmacist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/alkaline-food-chart.pdf
- President Trump Smashes Big Pharma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svilgXfppDo
- Mucus is the cause of every disease, Dr. Sebi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mNTpwmR49Q
- Study on Alkaline bodies: via http://www.meridianinstitute.com/newslet/Vol7-3/7-3.html
- Case Study that worked with the use of CS for lung disease–https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2443992/
- Avoid high sodium diet: https://draxe.com/top-10-sodium-foods/
- Adding Vitamin D to the diet : https://draxe.com/vitamin-d-deficiency-symptoms/
- Dr Otto Warburg’s work: http://www.doctorschierling.com/blog/why-everyone-should-know-who-dr-otto-warburg-was
- Take Control of Cold and Flu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRMViKQDn3o
- Futility of Vaccination (pro and cons) http://www.doctorschierling.com/blog/new-cdc-report-reveals-flu-vaccination-doesnt-perform-as-touted
- Funny and true video (minus the towel over burning fire lol): Apple cider vinegar to clear up mucus-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VdTH1ayp74
- Mikios Natural Body Scrubs www.mikionaturalbodyscrub.com
The author, Tamikio Bohler and owner of Mikios Natural Body Scrub, wrote this article after contracting the flu and alleviating the symptoms in just two days via the alkaline approach. The flu this season left her feeling like never before. It was as if the flu knocked at her door and when she opened the door with a smile ,(not knowing it was the flu), the flu grabbed by her feet, turned her upside down, and spun her violently around several times. After totally being off balance and feeling like life was being pulled from her body she reached for Green (and Alkaline) everything. That was the first fight that she won…BALANCE. THE ALKALINE DIET allows you to land back on your feet (quickly) so that you are able to fight the flu. She hopes that her information will help others prepare the body to fight off the flu symptoms rather quickly and recognize the relationship between what you eat and how quickly you heal. If you like this article, you can leave a TIP by simply liking our facebook page here. (click) Thank you for reading this article! Do Share 🙂
Order your skin delicious body scrubs at www.shop.mikionaturalbodyscrub.com
Articles from Mikios Natural Body Scrub®, T. Bohler CEO:
- Do You Get What You Pay For–Article about Chemicals in our Skin Care Products
- Moisturize and Exfoliate Your Most Important Organ, Your Skin–Article about Taking Care of Your Skin
- Men Too Reclaim and Renew a New Youthful You http://www.articlesbase.com/skin-care-articles/men-too-reclaim-and-renew-a-youthful-you-6305454.html
Information about the CEO of the Company:
- CEO Information: http://www.shop.mikionaturalbodyscrub.com/aboutus.sc