Internet Crime is on the Rise. Don’t be a victim. Recognize the Crime and Report it to the proper entities.
Below is a list of the current and ongoing Internet trends and schemes identified by the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center along with its description (See Link above):
- Auction Fraud
- Auction Fraud — Romania
- Counterfeit Cashier’s Check
- Credit Card Fraud
- Debt Elimination
- Parcel Courier Email Scheme
- Employment/Business Opportunities
- Escrow Services Fraud
- Identity Theft
- Internet Extortion
- Investment Fraud
- Nigerian Letter or “419”
- Third Party Receiver of Funds
- Crimes Against Children (See Guide to Parents for Internet Safety).
The FBI publishes the most notable cyber criminals wanted (with photos here and offers 3 million dollars to catch one) here:https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cyber.
Don’t be a Victim. Fight Back by Reporting Internet Crimes /Cyber Crimes to Key Entities:
- FBI Crime Complaint System (online)–Internet Crime Complaint Center. The IC3 accepts online Internet crime complaints from either the actual victim or from a third party to the complainant.
- File a RIP-Off Report. No Registration Needed here http://www.complaintsboard.com/new_complaint or Register and File a RipOff Report: www.ripoffreport.com
- Email your Consumer Complaint: email@example.com
- Report a webpage designed to look like another page in order to steal users information (aka phishing) in order to gather information to Google: https://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/
- Get a page removed from Google (due to copyright, or unauthorized information): https://support.google.com/legal/troubleshooter/1114905?hl=en
- Other Options For those Fed up with the Internet—Delete yourself from the Internet (Good Luck on this one, What a job!)
The writer, T. Bohler, is an owner of an online company and thinks that it is vital that everyone is aware of not only the current list of internet crimes taking place , but is also aware of resources that consumers can use to report internet incidences that occur. Through the collective efforts of the masses and the exchange of knowledge, change can come!